Thank you to those members who atttended the AGM last week. A new committee (pretty much the same as before) was elected and a new consitution adopted that better reflects what we are doing. Details will be found under the heading “About U3A” (please see above).
Our re-opening of U3A in October 2020 necessitated several changes to our day-to-day practices, hence the COVID19 SAFE PLAN was implemented. The committee would like to thank everyone for their understanding, cooperation and assistance in helping to keep our venue a safe place to be. It was so wonderful to have so much help cleaning and sanitising at the end of each session. Unfortunately the procedures will need to continue for the foreseeable future. A short summary pertaining to all is as follows:
- If you feel unwell please stay home.
- Hand sanitise on entering the building.
- Practise social distancing (1.5m) in and outside.
- Hand sanitise before tea/coffee
- Place all used cups and utensils in white buckets immediately after use.
- All items in buckets to be washed in hot soapy water, rinsed and let drip dry.
- Sanitise tables and chairs (back and arm rests).
- Sanitise toilet after use; follow procedure displayed in each cubicle.
A more detailed COVID Safe plan is displayed in the reception centre and the kitchen.